Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Pause it!

This afternoon as I was reading to Jacob and Emma from the Magic School Bus, Emma hops up and yells, "pause it!", then she runs to the restroom. When she returns she yells, "press play!" Ya, my kids don't spend too much time watching TV or anything. I had a good laugh that instead of her saying, something like wait, or hold on, she says, pause it. Really, what did she want me press?

This rememinded me of when we were very young children, long before the days of tvs in cars, we would go on family road trips. My mom would recite from memory Classic Stories, Nursury Rhymes and Fairy Tales. I loved to listen to her tell these stories. Anyway, if Mom would ever stop talking for even a second, my little sister Amy, who was probably about 3 years old at the time, would tell mom, "wead, wead!" meaning to read. That used to make us all laugh.

Good times...