Many of you may or may not know that I love smelly candles. I love the sweet smelling ones, like warm vanilla, or spiced cider, or Cinnamon. I'm not a big fan of flowery or musky smelling scents.
I got a new Yankee candle called Home Sweet Home. It's lovely! So Saturday I decided to break it in. We had it lit for about an hour and the downstairs was being filled with it's fragrance. Mmmm! Lehi was cleaning out the litter box and I was cleaning the my bathroom. Lehi smelled something burning, so he comes out to see Emma standing over the candle with a hand full of tissues.
Turns out that they were waiving the tissues over the candle, trying to blow out the flame, but accidently lighting it on fire then waiving it around to attempt to blow it out. Now there is a burn mark in our carpet, about 1 1/2 inches wide. It's awesome! Let me tell you.
Of course they got in trouble and blamed it ALL on the other person. As is the often the case.
Way to go Jacob and Emma!